Chocolate Cracker Jack Tin Roof Sundae
Published on Wed, 05/14/2014 - 3:43pm
For many, the best moments involve precious times spent with those they cherish the most. When this special family bonding happens in the kitchen, it’s easy to create memories to last a lifetime.
When you’re in the mood to try out new recipes, look for those that bring the whole family together. Add crunchy texture and sweetness to a classic casserole or a decadent sundae with a special treat, such as new Cracker Jack Chocolate & Caramel Popcorn snacks. You’ll serve up some smiles and new family memories while creating these recipes, which feature this scrumptious, caramel-coated favorite.
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 gallon fudge-ripple, vanilla or chocolate ice cream
- 1 cup chocolate-covered peanuts
- 1 bag (4 ounces) Cracker Jack Chocolate & Caramel Popcorn
- To make sauce, combine evaporated milk, sugar, corn syrup and salt in medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
- Simmer until thickened, 10 to 12 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent scorching.
- Remove sauce from heat. Whisk in peanut butter, butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Let cool for 30 minutes before assembling sundaes.
- In individual serving glasses, layer ice cream, chocolate-covered peanuts, Cracker Jack snacks and peanut butter sauce in two or three layers.
- Serve immediately.