- 6 eggs
- 1 cup fiddleheads
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (morels would be ideal)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 4 oz. ricotta or cream cheese
- 2 sprigs chopped parsley (optional)
- splashes olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean fiddleheads, removing brown fuzz. Then cook in boiled water for about 10 minutes. Rinse and trim ends.
- Meanwhile, sauté minced garlic and sliced mushrooms in olive oil, until tender. I recommend using a well-seasoned, oiled cast iron pan.
- Add cooked fiddleheads, salt and pepper. Cook a few more minutes until everything is tender but not mushy.
- Lower heat, add chopped parsley if using.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs with a pinch of salt. Add cheese—it’s okay to leave dollops.
- Add egg mixture to the vegetables, stir just a bit if not evenly distributed. Cook over low to medium heat until eggs begin to set—around 10 minutes.
- Finish cooking under broiler, 3 minutes or so. Serve hot or room temperature. Serves four.