Because: who wants to cook when it's hot out?
Roz told us it’s too hot to cook, so she reached out to well known San Francisco area chef David Lebovitz, who wowed her once with this recipe for fresh peach ice cream.
While there’s no over or stove involved, you do need an ice cream maker. You’ll find the taste is refreshing, melt-in-your mouth delicious, and Roz’ tips help you make it your own.
Luscious Fresh Peach Ice Cream (from David Lebovitz)
(This recipe requires an ice cream maker)
- 1-1/3 lbs (about 4 large peaches) fresh or frozen peaches (we freeze peaches every summer)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (original recipe calls for 1/4 tsp. but we like more vanilla flavor)
- a few drops freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- Place a large bowl or container in the freezer to chill it before you get started. This container is what you'll put the finished ice cream in and it will already be pre-chilled nicely.
- Peel and slice the peaches, remove the pits.
- Cut the peaches into slices or chunks.
- Add the sugar to the peaches.
- Blend the peaches and sugar with sour cream, heavy cream, vanilla extract, and lemon juice with an immersion blender or hand-held electric beater.
- Blend until slightly chunky.
- Pour the mixture into the ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's instructions (we use a Cuisinart).
- Freeze for several hours or overnight until your desired level of firmness is achieved.
About the author
Roz Corieri Paige is the author of La Bella Vita Cucina, a food and lifestyle blog where she inspires others to live life more deliciously and beautifully, whether in the kitchen or the garden. Find out more about Roz at italianbellavita.com.