Just a Bite of Nutty, Pumpkin Goodness
Throughout autumn I always try to think of seasonal pumpkin recipes. Although I’ve never been fond of pumpkin pie—I know, it’s a curse—I do enjoy small pumpkin treats such as pumpkin brownies. I’m also in love with Nutella, and the gooey, chocolate-and-hazelnut spread was the “clincher ingredient” that made this recipe grab my attention.
Now, since I’m a cook that prefers at all times to use up anything that I have in my pantry, I used milk chocolate instead of semi-sweet chocolate for the ganache in this recipe. This made the mini cheesecakes a bit sweeter, which is what my family prefers anyway. I hope that you enjoy these little treats too!
Nutella And Pumpkin Mini Cheesecake Bites
8 whole Oreos, finely ground
in food processor
1-1/2 Tbsp. butter, melted
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. pumpkin puree
2 Tbsp. Nutella
1/4 cup milk chocolate, melted
in 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
2 Tbsp. chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine ground Oreos and melted butter into a bowl until well combined.
- Spoon into 12 mini cheesecake cups that have been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Press into the bottom of each cup so the crust is flat.
- Partially bake for 10 minutes then remove from oven.
- In a stand or electric mixer beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in egg, vanilla, and cinnamon until combined.
- Remove approximately one-fourth of the cream cheese mixture into a separate bowl. Mix the pumpkin into the larger portion of the cream cheese mixture, then mix the Nutella into the smaller portion of the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture evenly into the 12 cups filling about 2/3 way full.
- Spoon about half a tablespoon of the Nutella mixture into the tops of each filled cup and swirl with a toothpick gently.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until cheesecake is cooked through.
- Let cool completely.
- Remove cheesecakes from pan and top each with a spoonful of chocolate ganache and hazelnuts.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.